I practice this ritual each time I shampoo my hair. As I glide my fingers through my dry hair, I’m amazed by the incredible softness. Once I’ve brushed my hair, I shape it to my liking. I affectionately refer to this as my “Apple Cider Vinegar rinse.”
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- After you wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner, give your hair apple cider vinegar rinse.
- Dilute 1-2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in one cup of water ( I usually add 5-10ml of ACV into a mug of water. You can experiment on the ratio considering what works well for you).
- Rinse your hair with this mix ( use diluted ACV only ).
- You can wash your hair with water after the rinse or just leave it in and towel dry your hair. Don’t worry the smell goes away once your hair is dry. (I don’t rinse my hair after the ACV rinse).
- Once your hair is dry, you will love the difference in your hair texture.
Apple cider vinegar balances hair and scalp pH. By lowering the pH of your scalp, Apple Cider Vinegar flattens and closes the hair cuticle. This makes the hair smoother, shinier, detangled and moisturised .
Love yourself. XX
As I have mentioned earlier, I love to share my thoughts and experiences. The self-care/beauty pointers referred to in this section are those that I have either read/come across, have been shared with me or something that I have tried and worked for me. Know what suits you the best and then try them on yourself. Thank you.
Please feel free to share your opinions/thoughts in the comments section.
Read more on Beauty-Self care :